A handful of people have asked me “why go single turbo now, after having upgraded twins?” Well, here is my justification with video and picture evidence.
I decided to try something a little different. It’s been a while since I’ve shared an update, so I busted out the camera and filmed a vlog style video!
I’ve decided to ditch the MMP turbos in exchange for a Doc Race single turbo kit. As you can see, the Doc Race N54 Single Turbo kit is awesome. If you’re thinking about going the same route (which I would highly encourage), be sure to use discount code N54JAKE at checkout to save $100.
PS: YouTube just changed their monetization policy and now requires 1,000 subscribers to be eligible for ad revenue. I’m only at 711 subscribers, can you help me by subscribing to my channel?
Click here > www.youtube.com/c/jakespence135
I promise it’ll be worth it! I have some cool videos on there about my 135i and will be posting tons of videos once I have my new Doc Race 6266 single turbo kit installed!
After lusting over the BMW 1-series for 3 years, I was finally able to get one of my own. On March 13th, 2014 I brought home a 2008 135i from Holland, MI. I am the 3rd owner and bought it with 81,523 miles.
Knowing that I would be keeping this one for a while, I needed to make sure it had everything I wanted.
- 6-speed, black interior, aluminium glacier-silver trim
- M-Sport Package
- Sporty lowered suspension
- Electric memory sport seats
- Multifunction ///M leather steering wheel
- Shadow line exterior trim
- Raised top-speed limiter
- Cold Weather Package
- Heated seats
- Headlight washers
- Rear seat armrest
- Ski bag
- Comfort Access
- Keyless entry
- Climate Control
- HiFi Professional Sound System (Logic7)
- Adaptive Xenon headlights
- Rear parking sensors
- 6-piston Brembo Big Brake kit
- Electric glass sunroof/moonroof
- 6-disc CD changer & DVD player
- Rain sensing windshield wipers
- Windshield with grey wedge
- Never equipped with 135i badge from factory
- Additional cup holder
- Warning triangle & first aid kit
Modifications it came with:
- BMW Performance short shift kit and knob
- Riss Racing stainless-steel 3″ catback exhaust
- Riss Racing oil catch can
- K&N drop in air filter
- Black Style 264 wheels with 225/40/18 Blizzaks
- Eibach Pro-Kit springs (~1″ drop front & rear)
- BMW Performance black front grilles
- Black/white BMW emblem overlays
- Carbon fiber wrapped interior trim
- Tinted windows (30% front, 15% rear)
- Tinted side markers
- LED license plate lights